In this 2 Day training workshop you will:
- Personally experience the embodiment of these practices for your own self reflective experience
- Review the latest trauma research
- Explore a range of simple practices from seated breathing to some gentle bending and twisting that will give you some in clinic tools to use
- Explore a range of somatic interventions to support nervous system regulation practical in everyday clinical settings
- Be introduced to a typical one-to-one therapy or small group session
- There will be a lot of opportunity for experiential practice throughout the two days
"Finally a workshop that I believe can help me make a difference in therapeutic outcomes."
Who Should Attend:
- Rehabilitation Therapists
- Mental Health Nurses
- Social Workers
- Occupational Therapists
"The workshop is an excellent blend of theory and experience. I leave knowing this stuff in my body and in my heart."
What You Will Gain:
- Connection to a growing network of mental health professionals working with traumatised clients
- Guidelines to incorporate these techniques into your practice
- Knowledge to identify and work with trauma reactions that may arise in session with clients
- 14 Hours of Continuing Professional Development- A Certificate of Attendance is provided
This event was originally planned for May 2020 but was cancelled due to COVID.
"It's so pleasing to experience a workshop that has so many applications to my work. It's gentle approach has great relevance to working with Sexual Assault survivors.""Totally worth travelling from WA to attend this wonderful training with excellent presenters. Thank you""Powerful experiential workshop which left me with a deeper embodied experience as a therapist and gave me tools that I can use immediately. It was wonderful in every way"