Dr Lindsay Gale has her books open to adults needing Psychiatric mental health support related to:
- Infant loss (within the last 2 years)
- Traumatic birth (within the last 2 years)
- Postnatal depression/anxiety (within the last 2 years)
- Early parenting & attachment (within the last 2 years)
- Eating disorders (When a Psychiatric review is required as part of Eating Disorder Plans)
- ADHD that has been diagnosed in the last 2 years
Dr Gale is based at our Newcastle West clinic. To make an appointment please call 02 4946 0919. A referral from your GP is required, as well as $100 booking deposit.
Dr Gale completed her medical degree at the University of Newcastle in 2007. She trained as a specialist psychiatrist in hospitals in Sydney and Newcastle, completing her Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists in 2017.
Dr Gale has established public perinatal clinics in Newcastle and Maitland and has experience in providing assessment and care for women experiencing emotional and mental health difficulties in pregnancy and the postnatal period. While this often includes helping women to understand and make decisions about medications during pregnancy, Lindsay takes a holistic approach which prioritises individual goals and values, with a recovery and attachment-based orientation.