At The Hummingbird Centre we are passionate believers in the importance of workplace culture and benefits of having a great team environment to work in. We support clinicians and staff to provide the best services possible, and encourage the use of a mix of traditional and innovative ways of benefiting the lives of clients and their families, as well as having a greater social and community impact. We facilitate multiple supervision and professional development opportunities, some of which can be seen here along with a range of other benefits.
We're always on the look out for dedicated clinicians to join our team. If you are interested in becoming part of The Hummingbird team please call us on 0249460919 or contact us. Additionally you can check our LinkedIn page for advertised recruitment opportunities.
Team Professional Development
At The Hummingbird Centre, it is our belief that to provide the best possible assessment and treatment to clients, our staff and affiliates need to work in a supportive and encouraging environment, where they are given plenty of opportunity to develop their skills and experience. The Hummingbird Centre will offer multiple exclusive professional development opportunities for our staff and affiliates.
The Mission of The Hummingbird Centre is to create a warm, supportive, collaborative and growth-oriented team environment from which our team of compassionate and dedicated clinicians are empowered to provide high quality mental health assessment and treatment, support and training to our clients, professionals and the community. We aim to continue to find evidence-based yet innovative ways to provide exceptional levels of service to our clients and professionals. We value connection, growth, fun, innovation, safety and contribution.
At the Hummingbird Centre we endeavour to support our team to be the best clinicians possible and reduce the time and costs associated with professional development by providing various supervision opportunities. These include:
Our clinicians have access to regular supervision on the delivery and interpretation of a range of assessments, and supported in report-writing.
- COMPLEX TRAUMA & DISSOCIATION
We are pleased to offer many different opportunities for specialist supervision and case consultation in the assessment and treatment of complex developmental trauma and dissociation. Our supervisors are international experts in trauma ensuring that you feel competent and supported in your work with clients.
- EYE MOVEMENT DESENSITISATION AND REPROCESSING (EMDR) THERAPY
Most clinicians at The Hummingbird Centre are trained in the application of EMDR therapy and employ this with a range of mental health presentations. Our team have access to specialist supervision and case consultation in application of EMDR therapy with complex cases.
- FAMILY LAW
Our team has monthly case consultation with a family law expert to help ensure that they are well supported in providing the best assessment and treatment services with complex family law cases.
- NEUROSEQUENTIAL MODEL OF THERAPUTICS (NMT)
Several clinicians at The Hummingbird Centre are trained in NMT and receive regular supervision in the application and interpretation of the NMT assessment, and trauma-informed treatment for children who have been exposed to multiple Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s).
At The Hummingbird Centre, you have the option of incorporating neurofeedback into your treatment options. You will be supported by our team of clinicians who use this intervention and will be offered regular consultation with world-renowned experts in neurofeedback, and supported to achieve Board Certification in Neurofeedback with the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance – Australia (BCIA-A).
- PERINATAL MENTAL HEALTH
Many of The Hummingbird Centre’s clinicians are passionate about working in perinatal mental health and attend regular case consultations and training with team members and experts in this field.
It can be difficult to organise and attend the training required to effectively provide our services. At The Hummingbird Centre, we endeavour to reduce the time and costs associated with travel and training registrations, by bringing the training to you. Some of our recent training opportunities include:
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS-2) Training
- Attachment, Regulation & Competency (ARC) Training
Trauma Treatment for Children and Adolescents - 2 Day Certificate Course
- Perinatal & Infant Mental Health Training
- Treatment Trajectories and Prognosis in Complex Trauma and Dissociation with Kathy Steele
- Assessment of Complex Trauma and Dissociation with Kathy Steele
- Attachment & Marte Meo with Robyn Dolby
- Building New Pathways with Phil Bird - How to Support Children to Repair from Early Trauma
- Attachment and Dependency in the Therapeutic Relationship with Kathy Steele
- Working with Chronic Shame with Kathy Steele
- Working with the Inner Critic with Kathy Steele
- Working with Infant-Parent Emotional Interaction with Dr Louise Newman
- Synergetic Play Therapy with Lisa Dion
- A Practical Integrative Approach to Treating Complex Dissociative Disorders with Kathy Steele
- Practical Strategies for Maximising Client Stability and Regulation with Shirley Hicks
- T.I.P.S - Trauma Informed Practice Seminar with Gabrielle Duffy
- Relationships, Behaviour and an Integrated Brain with Tina Payne Bryson
- EMDR History Taking, Case Conceptualisation and Target Identification with Dr Tom Flewitt
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy with Pat Ogden
- Parent-Infant Therapy for Transgenerational Trauma with Dr Louise Newman
- EEG - Enhanced Beginner Skills with Dr Mary Ammerman
- Understanding Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation with Dr Ted Cassidy
- Working with Self Injury and Suicidality in Complex Trauma and Dissociation with Kathy Steele
Team Culture and Social Events
Maintaining a strong team culture is one of the highest priorities for us at The Hummingbird Centre. We are always endeavouring to embody our mission statement and values, "The Mission of The Hummingbird Centre is to create a supportive, collaborative and growth-oriented team environment from which our team of compassionate and dedicated clinicians are empowered to provide high quality mental health assessment, treatment, support and training to our clients, professionals and the community. We aim to continue to find evidence-based yet innovative ways to provide exceptional levels of service to our clients and professionals. We value connection, growth, fun, innovation, safety and contribution".
Aside from joining together for supervisions and trainings, we regularly connect for team lunches and social events, where we have the opportunity to bond and have a really great time together. You will see from the pictures below, whether we are supporting a charity at a fundraising ball; playing lawn balls; problem-solving to be free from an escape room or simply having dinner and drinks; team belonging, laughter, and support is our priority.