Diagnosing autism in toddlers can be a complex and evolving process. Even if you have previously completed the ADOS-2 training, you might like to revise the Toddler module as there are many considerations when assessing including:
- Developmental variation
- Gender differences
- Co-occurring conditions (e.g. sensory processing issues)
Join us online to complete the supported self-training in the assessment of ASD in toddlers using the Autism Diagnostic Observation System version 2 (ADOS-2) DVD training package (by WPS) Toddler Module (only) with Clinical Psychologist Nimra Bilgrami from the The Hummingbird Centre.
This training is ideal for health professionals who have already trained in the complete ADOS-2 and are seeking additional revision and discussion of the Toddler Module. This training will not cover Modules 1 - 4. The Toddler Module is to assess children between 12 and 30 months of age who do not consistently use phrase speech.
The Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule - Second Edition (ADOS-2) is a semi-structured, standardised assessment of communication, social interaction, play, and restricted and repetitive behaviours. By observing and coding these behaviours, clinicians can obtain information that informs diagnosis, intervention, treatment planning, and educational placement.
- Previously have completed the ADOS-2 training in it's entirety
- 1 x DVD Training Guidebook for reference during the webinar
- 1 x ADOS-2 Toddler Booklet for practice scoring during the webinar
- We recommend reading the ADOS-2 manual before commencing this course. The manual is included when you purchase your own ADOS-2 kit. The ADOS-2 kit is NOT included in our registration costs and must be purchased separately in order to conduct assessments after the training.
Online 7-hour interactive webinar
Expressions of interest
Please send an email to events to register your potential interest in this program.